Sunday, September 26, 2010

Top of Utah!


Well I did it! I ran my 2nd marathon and had a blast. This time around was completely different. For my first race I was a stickler and didn't miss a training run, in fact I ran extra miles just for fun. By the end of training this time, my motivation factor had depleted and I was just ready to be done and do the race. I think that training in the summer had a lot to do with it. But nonetheless it was an incredible experience. I beat my previous time by 2-3 mintues and was pretty excited about that. My race day came exactly one year to the date that I was put on bedrest before so little S could stay nice and cozy in the shanty. :) ha ha. So that was exciting for me. My brother, Mac came up from California to run the race as well. He is my superhero! He ran three marathons this year! Yay Mac! He is awesome he ran an awesome race!! I had an awesome cheering crowd. We, my little family, my parents and Mac all went up to Logan the night before. Pfeiffer got the kids ready and they along with my parents cheered us on at various spots during the course! It was so fun to see them cheering me on!! I have the best family in the world!! I don't have many pictures this time, but my mom did snag a few with her fancy i-phone. :) When Mac got back to Cali his co-worker gave him the saying from a Dove Chocolate. And in all reality...it is true.



1 comment:

Rosalie said...

Awesome! Congrats! That saying is soooo true!