Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Favorite Time...So far!

Although, I do not have any pictures of this to post yet, my favorite time of the day with Little S is right after her bath. She really enjoys her baths, but is not so keen about the transition between the bath and getting out and dressed. But once she is dressed, she seems so alert and content with her surroundings. Her big blue, curious eyes are wide awake and she is just taking everything in. It seems like she has so much to tell me, if only I could understand. Sometimes I pretend she is telling me I'm doing fine. I just love it! Now don't get me wrong, I love every minute I have with her, this just happens to be among my favorites!!

Quick update. Little S is 6 weeks old. Her official due date came on Sunday (Jan 24)and she was still a little on the small side. I took her to the Dr. on Monday for a weight check and her Synagis shot (RSV prevention),she she hit the scales at 5 lbs 14oz and 19 3/4 inches long. She is now 1 lb heavier than when she made her debut into this world. Slowly but surely she is packing on those lbs! I'm definitely hoping for her to surpass the 6lb mark by her next visit, which isn't until Feb 15th so that gives her plenty of time.

Little GB is still loving his little sister with everything he has. Little S is now privledged enough to be considered a "Master." Did I mention he is now obsessed with Star Wars? I thank his dad every day for that one.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Glad things are going well. Your little one is so tiny. My 1st was born at 5 lb 12 oz--its barely enough to hold, from what I remember. Glad she is growing.
I just have to say with your little boy...May the force be with you! It will drive you crazy, but be so fun as well. I have 4 little jedi. My oldest slept with a light saber for at least a year when he was 3. My 3rd uses the "force" on the automatic doors at the grocery store, and the baby even has a preferred color of lightsaber. Again, I say, May the force be with you :)