Saturday, November 14, 2009

Keeping It Interesting...

So..quick post. I am posting this post from my hospital bed at Intermountain Medical Center. No worries, Lem Lem is still where she needs to be. A quick little recap. I had an appointment with my preterm doctors on Fri. He did his exam and found what my regular doctor had found but wanted to do a Non Stress Test on the baby and start a 2 shot regime of steroid's just in case and to help little Lem Lem's lungs develop faster. So he sent me over to the NST and they found I was having contractions, although they were oblivious to me. But I was having them about 1-2 minutes apart but they were small and to me non-existent. So I was sent down to Labor and Delivery to be put on monitors and medication to stop the contractions. After being in L & D for a day they were able to subside the contractions enough to take me off the monitors and send me up the post-partem wing where I am just doing the bed rest thing and missing my little man. The plan (hopefully)will be to go home either tomorrow, but more than likely on Monday after the hospital docs confer with my high risk doc and regular doc. Due to the h1-n1 ordeal no one under 14 is allowed to come into the hospital :( So when I found out I was being admitted, needless to say the tears came. Not so much because I was worried about Lem Lem, I knew she was okay, but I just left Little GB thinking I'd see him in about 45-hour. But I know that he's in good hands with his Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Jedders and family. Again my family is such a huge blessing and to me they are the greatest family in the world. Jed and my Dad came in today and gave me a very comforting and reassuring blessing. So that is my current scoop. I'll post more details when I get them. But just one question, why do they bring hosptial dinner at 4:30? I mean yes, I'm old but that does seem a bit earlier does it not? Oh well...all is well!

4 comments:

Peggy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your hospital stay. I can imagine that is a little scary. I cried when I read about you not being able to see your little boy. Hope he survived fine without you. I have one that argues with me every day, but if he goes somewhere for a weekend without me he cries because he's going to miss me. Breaks my heart every time. I hope everything continues to go well.

brandif10 said...

Good luck! Hopefully they are allowing more than the 2 visitors they are in Logan because of the H1N1. Just think how excited he will be when you hopefully get home in a day or two. a Few more weeks and baby Lem Lem will be able to make her dayvue. Can't wait to see pictures. Whenever I was in the hospital I starved. Tell that hubby of yours to bring in a nice stash of food to snack on. Keep that house of yours nice and warm for her and keep us posted.

Russ and Cami said...

Cheri! You be careful! I'm glad to hear they may be sending you home, but you and Lem Lem behave! Let me know if you need anything.

Bry and Meliss said...

Hopefully the food was good! My hospital dinners were REALLY good! Maybe it was just because I didn't have to cook them though :) Glad little Lem Lem is doing so well! We need a girl's night...time to catch up and not think about everything going on! :)