Sunday, September 13, 2009

Time for Expansion

Well, as many of you may already know, our little family of 3 will be expanding in a few months to a family of four. Although in little GB's mind the baby is going to be both brother and sister, our ultrasound proved differently this week. Our numbers will be even with the addition of a little sister. Little GB along with Grandma went right out and bought our first pink item...a bib. He had to hang it on my belly as soon as I saw him. :) No names have been decided on, that will take awhile for us to agree on one. For the mean time we are going to call her Lem Lem. Along the same lines of Little GB being called Skittlez, Lem Lem is Little GB's way of saying M & M's.

To help avoid another preterm baby I have begun a weekly shot regime to help keep my "house" for the little one a little bit more hospitable. I am also involved in a pre-term study that will help monitor us a little more in depth than just the standard/routine care. I have been instructed to take it easy so no more excercising for me for the moment. That will be difficult, but it's temporary and it's not really about me so I will follow doctor's order to ensure Lem Lem's health and safety. So we'll keep our fingers crossed that all goes well.

I am well into my student teaching. Let me tell you this...first grade is HARD. Especially at the beginning of the year. It's hard, but definitely worth it and very rewarding. I have been placed with an excellent teacher and I'm enjoying my time. I have four more weeks of first grade and then I will start in 4th grade. Although I miss my Little GB very much, I feel better that he's in excellent care with his Grandma!

As for Pfeiffer...he just got back from a two week stint to Singapore, Tawain, and China. We missed him very much and are very glad he's back. He already has a hike planned for next weekend.

I will include pics in my next post!

6 comments:

brandif10 said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. There is nothing like little girls. Boys are fun but it's not the same. You are student teaching in my kids grades (though they aren't in UT). First grade is such a transition. Hopefully 4th grade will be smoother. The nicething about 1st is the kids adore you. Anywhoo congrats and good luck!

lizwagz said...

way to go Kayla~

Rosalie said...

Wahoo!!! Congrats! I am so excited for you! I had no idea, so that is GREAT! Love ya tons!

Russ and Cami said...

Congrats! I'm sure you are all very excited. That is great!

Beitler News said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting! Hope that the rest of the pregnancy goes well. We are coming up for Adams wedding in Nov maybe we will see you then?

Peggy said...

I just checked your blog and found your announcement. Congratulations! How perfect, 1 boy and 1 girl. (BTW, I also think 4 boys and 0 girls is perfect, too-hee hee.) Good luck with the pregnancy, hope all goes well.