Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Little Snafu

Well....we have encountered a little snafu in the our little game plan. As stated in my previous blog I am involved in a pre-term study to see if they can find reasons that might trigger preterm babies. With the study comes a little tighter observation than that of a standard pregnancy. Well, as of Friday afternoon I have been placed on bed rest. I guess things are progressing a little faster than they would like so for now I am being planted upon flat surfaces. My student teaching, which was going so well, has been placed on hold and we are checking with Utah State to see what my options are. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this might be only temporary. The dr. said that it could be if my numbers and my weeks of pregnancy catch up to each other. So we are keeping our fingers crossed that they do. But little Lem Lem seems to be doing just great, despite the fact that her termporary living situations are comparable to that of shanty (that is how Pfeiffer refers to my "house"). But she is active and looks great! I have another dr. appointment on Friday and hopefully I will be reporting better news. But for now..all is well. We are all healthy and happy!! :)

4 comments:

By: Amanda said...

Oh, man! That is rough! I hope that everything will resolve itself and you can get back to somewhat of a normal life. Bed rest is no fun....and I've only been on partial bed rest! I can't imagine complete rest with a toddler around.....Good Luck! Time to catch up on all those books and movies you've been wanting to read/see!

brandif10 said...

Good luck! Let me know if you need any good books to read. I have some ideas! Hope the temporary living quarters holds out for a little longer.

Bry and Meliss said...

Good luck Kayla! I'm sorry you ran into a rough patch for student teaching. Hopefully USU will work with you. I would suggest getting that dumb portfolio done while on bed rest! Gives you something to do now, and less to do during student teaching later! Let me know if you need anything!!

Jane said...

What is snafu? It's really bothering me that I don't know what that means.